blogspot visitor
Abueleriasx2
My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Friday, August 25, 2006

Se agranda la familia!



London, 30th September 1971

Dear Alejandrina and Teresa,

I haven’t been able to write until now for lack of time but I must tell you that we haven’t stopped thinking about you since we got the great news, especially about Teresa. We try to picture her with a swollen belly and later with her baby, boy or girl.

I can imagine how happy she must feel, because she has good reasons to be so, and envy her because I would like very much to give Doña Alejandrina a little grandchild, but it is a matter of waiting until the future dad makes up his mind. With the news from Teresa he seems to be coming round to the idea and who knows…But seriously, Oscar is as happy as if the baby were his own. You must have noticed how excited he was the other day when he phoned. I would have liked to say hello as well but the call would have been too long and being there with him I felt as if I had talked as well.

Thank you for your lovely birthday card! It is beautiful and Oscar says that the girl pictured in it looks a bit like me. I bet that’s why Alejandrina chose it. I had a very good time for my birthday, which fell on Monday, so on Sunday we spent the day with friends, I baked a cake and another one for Monday which I took to work to share with everyone at tea time. A mate at work gave me a beautiful plant and another gave me a book about looking after plants. They know that I like plants and have many at home. Did I tell you about the pots I keep here? The flat is full of them although they are not large like the plants I had in Buenos Aires, they are very nice and many are flowering. They are everywhere, on the dinning room window, on the coffee table, on the bookshelves, on the kitchen and bathroom windows, in short, everywhere except the bedroom because it is unhealthy to sleep in a room with plants in it. And they are all growing like mad. It seems I am lucky with them.

“El Pichicho” (Oscar) gave my darling present: an antique miniature made of bronze or a similar alloy of a little tray with a tiny wine bottle, soda siphon and four stemmed glasses. It is exquisite and very old. Our boy is getting more loving, cuddly and good every day!
We’ll have to see if we soon have a little Grillo as well, we musn’t be left behind.

Now I will say goodbye, thank you again for remembering my birthday. Do not leave us without news; write often to let us know how things are going so we can participate in family affairs at least from a distance. Be good and write and, Teresa, why don’t you write as well?
I haven’t had news from my mum for over a month. At least from Oscar’s call to you we know she is well, but why doesn’t she write?
Big kisses to you two and all the family,

Patricia


Londres, 30 de septiembre de 1971

Recién hoy puedo escribirles pues no tengo nunca tiempo pero sepan que desde que supimos la gran noticia no hacemos más que pensar en ustedes, sobre todo, como es natural, en Teresa y tratamos de imaginárnosla con una panza y luedo con su nene o nena. Me imagino lo felíz que estará, pues es como para estarlo. Me dá envidia porque ya tengo muchas ganas de darle un nietito a Doña Alejandrina yo también, pero aún se espera. Es cuestión de que el futuro padre se decida y parece que ahora, con la noticia de Teresa se está contagiando y quizás... En serio, Oscar se puso tan contento como si el nene fuera suyo.

El otro día, cuando llamó por teléfono, habrá notado lo entusiasmado que estaba. Yo también hubiera querido saludarlas, pero era mejor que hablara solo Oscar, si no la llamada se hacía muy larga, total yo estaba al lado de él y hacemos de cuenta que yo tambien hablé.

Recibí la preciosa postal para mi cumpleaños, gracias! Oscar me dijo que la nena dibujada en ella se parece a mí. A que Alejandrina la eligió por eso? Pasé un lindo cumpleaños, que como cayó en lunes lo festejamos el domingo yendo a pasar el día en casa de unos amigos y llevamos una torta que hice. El lunes, como había que ir a trabajar, llevé otra torta al trabajo y la comimos a la hora del té. Una compañera me regaló una planta lindísima y un compañero un libro sobre el cuidado de las plantas. Ellos saben que me gustan mucho las plantas y que tengo muchas en casa. Les conté de las plantas que tengo aquí? Tengo la casa llena y aunque no son macetas grandes como las que tenía en Buenos Aires, son muy lindas y muchas con flores. Las tengo por todos lados. En la ventana del comedor, en la mesa ratona, en la repisa de los libros, en la ventana de la cocina y del baño, en fín, el único lugar donde no puse es en el dormitorio porque hace mal dormir en la misma habitación con plantas. Todas crecen barbaramente, parece que sigo teniendo suerte con las plantas.

El Pichicho (Oscar) me regaló una preciosidad. Un juguetito antiguo, es una miniatura de bronce o alguna aleación así, de una botellita de vino, un sifoncito y cuatro copitas diminutas en una bandejita. Es amoroso y muy antiguo. El nene está cada vez más amorosiento y mimoso, y bueno!
Vamos a ver si nosotros pronto tenemos algún Grillito, que nos van llevando ventaja y eso no puede ser. Un día de éstos damos la señal de largada. Bueno, no un día de éstos sino un mes de éstos, pero es igual. Me despido ahora, gracias otra vez por acordarse de mi cumpleaños, escriban seguido contando cómo van las cosas, no nos tengan en la ignorancia que nosotros queremos participar de los sucesos familiares aunque estemos lejos, sean buenas y escriban, Teresa, por qué no nos escribís vos también?

De mi mamá sigo sin saber nada ya hace un mes y medio. Menos mal que con la llamada que Oscar les hizo a Uds. Me quedé tranquila sabiendo que estaba bien, pero, por qué no escribe?
Escriban ustedes! Besos muy grandes para las dos y para toda la familia,

Patricia

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at this point, how understanding was your family about the move?

on another note, your style looks great (clothing and look), from these photos, I wish when clicking on them , that they could be bit larger for me to make out more detail.
-Rebekit

2:53 am  
Blogger Patricia said...

I'm sorry Rebekit, the photos are scanned from very ancient slides. The real size is about 2.5 x 2 cm, I enlarge them as much as possible without showing pixelation but there is no way to make them any larger or clearer. Later on I will use better pictures if I manage to carry on.

As you will see, soon my mother came to Europe and settled in Ibiza with my sister and brother. The rest of the family went on with their lives.

11:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She settled in Ibiza!, wow, fun mom! Also nice that your family came a bit closer.

Well I'm impressed you have the photos looking so good from such a small scale. I have no patience for scanning things in and making them work, It's what I least enjoy of blogging

I do hope u carry on, but I know it can be involved.

2:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home