blogspot visitor
Abueleriasx2
My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, September 07, 2006


This letter is missing at least the first page. I think the date is December 1971

…it was so funny. I, an Argentinean artist, in Paris trying to sell a film by speaking English. It was so funny that the guys at the agency were charmed. I went on my own because the trip was too short and the agency paid for only one ticket.

When I finished my business with the agency I went out for a walk. The evening was beautiful. The city is enchanting. I walked like a madman, through the “Quartier Latin”, looking at the Cafes, cinemas, bookshops, it was fascinating, I felt as if I was part of a film. It was Friday evening so there was a lot of life in the streets. French people and others were celebrating by going into “bistrots” for dinner, to eat like pigs, I was enjoying the show, finding famous streets that are mentioned in literature, Saint Germain-des-Prés, the Rue de Rivoli, Boulevard Saint Michel. Walking along the Seine I came face to face with Notre Dame Cathedral, centuries of history at hand. In the distance I could see the Tour Eiffel lighting the night up. I walked and walked and when I got tires went into a hotel and slept (not too well because of the noise from the street). I wanted to go on seeing things.

We still don’t know where we will spend Christmas, well, I send you my Christmas greetings.

Dear sister Teresa, have the happiest of birthdays. How many so far? And enjoy your birthday all the more with your son (who has a very heroic, glorious, nice, gentle, elegant, pure, sweet and manly name…Oscar!) and tell him not to have such standing up hair as I imagine him. I always think that his hair stands up.

Ah! I paid the telephone bill! If those sons of bitches charge you, send me the bill or whatever and I will arrange everything because this is a quite decent country. What happened is that they changed our telephone number and they could not find us.

Lots and lots of love to everyone, happy festivities, do not miss us because we are enjoying ourselves like royalty… Ciao,

Oscar, the Beautiful

Happy Christmas! Kiss the little, new born “Oscarcito” from me. You couldn’t have chosen a better name, Teresa, it will bring him luck. Lots of kisses for all and write to us telling what the new nephew is like,
Patricia


The sunset seen from our flat's kitchen window

A esta carta le falta por lo menos la primera página. Creo que es de diciembre de 1971:


…era una risa. Yo, dibujante argentino, en París vendiendo una película, hablando en Inglés. Era tan gracioso que los tipos quedaron encantados conmigo. Fuí solo pues era un viaje muy corto y la agencia sólo pagaba un pasaje.

Cuando terminé de arreglar las cosas de la agencia, salí a caminar, era de noche y estaba lindo. Es una ciudad encantadora. Caminé como un loco, anduve por el “Quartier Latin” viendo los cafés, los cines, las librerías, era fascinante, me sentía como en una película. Como era Viernes a la noche había mucho movimiento por las calles. Los franceses y los otros festejaban yendo a los “bistrots” a comer como chanchos, yo gozaba del espectáculo, gozaba encontrando calles que son tan famosas en la literatura, Saint Germain-des-Prés, la Rue de Rivoli, Boulevard Saint Michel. Yendo por el Sena me encontré con la catedral de Notre Dame. Siglos de historia al alcance de mi mano. A lo lejos se veía la Torre Eiffel iluminando con sus faros. Caminé y caminé y cuando me cansé me metí en un hotel, dormí (no muy bien pues venía un ruido de la calle que impedía que uno se quedara dormido.
Me quedé con las ganas de seguir viendo cosas.

Aún no sabemos dónde vamos a pasar navidad. Bueno aquí mando mis besos navideños.
Querida hermana Teresa, que tengas un felicísimo cumpleaños. ¿Cuántos son ya? Y pasalo lo mejor del mundo con tu hijo (que lleva un nombre heróico, glorioso, simpático, gentil, elegante, puro, dulce y varonil…¡Oscar!)
Decile que no sea tan pelopincho como me lo imagino (siempre me lo imagino con los pelos parados)

Ah! La cuenta del teléfono la pagué yo! Si esos hijos de puta te la cobran mandame el ticket, la boleta o lo que sea que yo arreglo todo pues este es un país bastante decente. Lo que pasa es que nos cambiaron el número de teléfono y no nos ubicaban.
Muchísimos cariños para todos y felices fiestas. No nos extrañen ni se preocupen por nosotros que la estamos pasando como duques…
Chau,
Oscar el Bello.

¡Felicidades! Besos al Oscarcito más recien nacido, nombre mejor no podías haber elegido, Teresa, le va a dar suerte! Muchos besos para todos y escriban contándonos cómo es el nuevo sobrino,

Patricia






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home