blogspot visitor
Abueleriasx2
My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Oscar in Portobello Rd Market

London, 28th February 1972

Dears Donna Mother of mine and younger sister (the elder as well), in short, dear all,

A photo arrived of the youngest froggy in the family (don’t tell me that that child doesn’t look like a frog!). Very nice, he looks like his mother with that nose...I am sure that when he grows up he will look as grumpy as the famous Teresa.

Here all is well, with no great news except that a journalist and photographer from the Revista Argentina came over and interviewed me for the magazine. They took some good photos and I enclose a couple.

A couple of Argentinean friends, husband and wife, came to visit and we all had a good time together. I got a letter from Carluccio (remember him?) that made me very happy because I had no news from him for about three years.

Something else that made me happy was to see how beautifull you look in the photo, Alejandrina, it’s surprising the difference the new teeth make. And a bit slimmer you look at least ten years younger, congratulations! And how thin Virginio looks, it’s incredible!

I am working very hard, as usual. Bob Balser, an American friend, called and offered me to participate in an animated film for TV they will make in Europe. That would be a great step forward for me.

Patricia already wrote about the energy crisis, it appears that next week the miners’strike will be resolved. Like a woman said: “What is good about it is that this month the electricity bill will be very low.”

I went to the dentist to have my teeth fixed and I am very pleased with the results, thanks to something called the National Health that means you pay very little for treatment.

The other day we phoned Roberto Garcia but we felt very frustrated because we couldn’t hear a thing. Well, Patricia already told you everything so I will save paper and ink...I send you all the kisses in the world, love to everyone,

Oscar the Big One.

Londres, 28 de febrero de 1972

Queridas Doña Madre mía y hermana menor (y mayor también), en fin, queridos todos:

¡Llegó la foto de la rana menor de la familia! (Y no me digan que ese niño no parece una ranita!) Muy lindo, es idéntico a su madre con esa nariz... Seguro que cuando sea grande va a tener esa cara de enojado que caracteriza a la famosa Teresa.
Por aquí todo va bien, sin grandes novedades aparte de que un periodista y un fotógrafo de la Revista Argentina vino a entrevistarme para la revista y sacaron unas fotos de las que adjunto un par.

Estuvo de paso una familia (compuesta de marido y mujer) argentina que yo ya conocía de Buenos Aires y la pasamos muy bien con ellos. Recibí carta de Carluccio (¿te acordás de él?) y me puse muy contento. Hacía tres años casi no sabía nada de él. Algo que me puso muy felíz fue ver lo linda que estás en la foto, Alejandrina, es sorprendente, con los nuevos dientes y así más delgada parece que tuvieses por lo menos diez años menos. ¡Congratulaciones!

¡Qué flaco estaba Virginio, increíble!

Estoy trabajando muchísimo, como pa’ no perder la costumbre... Hace un mes más o menos, me llamó Bob Balser, un amigo Americano, para decirme que había conseguido un contrato con una compañía de TV para hacer una película en Europa y me dijo que la haríamos juntos. Eso es fabuloso pues significa un gran paso adelante para mí.

Patricia ya escribió sobre la crisis de energía. Parece que se va a resolver la semana que viene. Una señora dijo: Lo lindo es que este mes la cuenta de la corriente eléctrica va a ser bajísima.”
Me hice arreglar la boca, digamos los dientes, la tengo fabulosa y gracias a una cosa que se llama “National Health” no me costó un pepino. Aquí la medicina es social y es baratísimo hacerse atender.

Días pasados hicimos una llamada telefónica a Roberto García pero fue bastante frustrada pues no se oía nada. Bueno, como Patricia les cuenta todo lo contable yo ahorro papel y tinta. Les mando todos los besos del mundo, saludos a todos, de

Oscar “The Big One”

3 Comments:

Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

Esta fotos las saco Tato Alvarez para un reportaje que me hicieron para una revista Argentina.

11:10 pm  
Blogger Patricia said...

As my letter explains.

9:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the two of you are charming, I feel silly saying this but this has never stopped me before, this is probably the most romantic blog out there.

12:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home