blogspot visitor
Abueleriasx2: Nearly there - Falta poco
My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Monday, May 07, 2007

Nearly there - Falta poco

London, April 1977

Dear Alejandrina,

Today we received your latest and we got the parcel with the fruit cheeses a few days ago. ¡Delicious! ¡Thank you! We ate all the sweet potato cheese immediately and already opened the quince one. I made a “pasta frolla” and it was very good and the rest of the preserves will not last long, although we prefer the sweet potato one. I am so glad you liked the film. We could have put sound to it if we had known there was someone who had a sound projector. We’ll do it next time, when we film the little Grillo. I’ve only got three weeks to go but the “official” date could vary a couple of days either side. My belly is so enormous, I cannot move. Oscar laughs at me because when I lie down I can’t get up and lie there, feet in the air, like a huge tortoise. Until now I was not too heavy and could move around easily, but for the last few days I have felt gigantic and it takes great effort to do anything. I’m pleased that I have managed to finish everything I needed to do before the birth and now I can wait calmly for the day.
Apart from feeling so heavy I am well, and so is the baby because it moves a lot.
The doctor told me it’s a big baby, or at least tall, like its father or grandmother Alejandrina.

Two days ago we had cousin Norberto visiting. Very nice. He’ll be around for a few days and we’ll probably meet him again.
Talking of visits, what do you think of coming over around July or August? It’s summer here so you would save yourself a bit of your winter and the summer is nice over here. The baby will be three or four months then, which is a nice age, isn’t it? That is just an idea, but of course you have to decide. We’d buy the ticket from here and you would only have to go and get it in Buenos Aires. As soon as you let us know when you’d like to come over we will arrange everything. It would be a good idea to get your passport ready so you can travel when you want.
OK Alejandrina, thanks again for the sweets and the good wishes. Give my love to the family. Don’t you have any photos to send us? Especially of the children, who must have grown so much! Kisses and hugs to everyone and for you the biggest kiss from
Patricia.

PS I’ll send this now and Oscar can write later otherwise many days will pass.

Londres, abril de 1977
Querida Alejandrina:

Hoy llegó su última carta y hace unos días la encomienda con el dulce. ¡Delicioso! ¡Gracias! El de batata nos lo liquidamos enseguida y ya abrimos el de membrillo, con el cual hice una pasta frolla que quedó rica. El resto del dulce no creo que dure mucho, aunque nos gusta más el de batata. Me alegro que les haya gustado la película, si hubiéramos sabido que había alguien con proyector sonoro podíamos haberle pusto sonido, será para la próxima, cuando filmemos una con el grillito. Ya me faltan sólo tres semanas, aunque esa es la fecha “oficial” y tanto puede ser antes como después. Mi panza es tan enorme que no me puedo ni mover. Cuando me acuesto Oscar se ríe porque no puedo levantarme y quedo patas arriba como una gran tortuga. Hasta ahora no estuve muy pesada y me movía con facilidad, pero desde hace unos días me siento enorme y me cuesta mucho hacer cosas. Menos mal que hice todo lo que queria terminar antes del nacimiento y ahora puedo esperar el día con calma. Aparte de la pesadez me siento muy bien y el bebé también, porque se mueve que da gusto y me dijo el médico que es grande, o al menos largo, como su padre y su abuela Alejandrina.

Hace unos días llegó el primo Norberto. Muy simpático. Va a estar por aquí unos dias y nos veremos otra vez.
En cuanto a su visita, ¿qué le parece para julio o agosto? Se ahorraría un poco del invierno de allá y aquí el verano es lindo. Para entonces el bebé tendrá unos tres o cuatro meses, que es un buen tiempo, no? Es una idea, pero por supuesto es Ud. la que tiene que decidir. El pasaje lo sacamos desde aquí y lo único que tendría que hacer sería retirarlo en Buenos Aires. Así que en cuanto nos diga para cuándo quiere venir vamos a hacer el trámite. Sería bueno si Ud. pudiera ir viendo la cuestión del pasaporte, que allá tarda a veces, así puede viajar cuando quiera.

Bueno Alejandrina, gracias otra vez por el dulce y los buenos deseos. Cariños a toda la familia. ¿No tienen alguna foto para mandarnos? Sobre todo de los chicos, que deben estar crecidísimos. Abrazos y besos para todos, y para Ud. un beso grande de
Patricia

PD Voy a mandar ésta y Oscar escribe después porque si no siguen pasando los días.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Patricia.

I will be in London from June 28th to July 8th, very much hoping we get the chance to meet in person.

-Rebekit

3:01 pm  
Blogger Patricia said...

That was fast, Rebecca, I've just posted. Yes, after some confusion about dates, it turns out that we will be back from Italy then I'm also looking forward to meeting you.

3:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, I seem to have good timimg.

3:44 pm  
Blogger Diana Laurencich said...

qué bueno...mirá Patricia que ni me enteré caundo nacieron los bebes de ambas vecinas mías! menos de éste...seguro que me lo iba a perder!

11:55 pm  
Blogger Patricia said...

Lejos en el tiempo y en distancia, lo que son las cosas, aunque es posible que tus vecinas estén a muchos kilómetros, si vivís en el medio del campo...Pero lo más probable es que no tengas contacto con los vecinos como se usa en las ciudades. Qué aislados que vivimos,no?

9:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home