blogspot visitor
Abueleriasx2
My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Friday, October 27, 2006


London, 29-11-72

As always, Donna Alejandrina, this son of yours is behind with the letter writing.

Hello!

Your last letter arrived a long time ago and only now (I think it’s been 20 days since I received it) I am answering it.
OK, as usual everything is going well. It sounds ridiculous but it’s true, everything goes well always, from well to better. Working hard, getting great offers of work, travelling. Some weeks ago I went to Germany and Ireland. Next week I’ll have to go to Paris.

We know from the papers, radios and televisions that Perón is over there. Argentina is in fashion on all the headlines.

A friend of mine has gone to Portugal to work and when he gets settled he’ll invite us to spend a few days with him. He is in Porto, however, in the north as you know, so we wont be able to visit your relatives in the south. Algarve is supposed to be one of the fashionable summer resorts. There is a lot of advertising enticing people to spend their holidays there.

Patricia is learning French and is about to arrive. There, I think she’s here. She went to buy a new winter coat so there will be a surprise.

So Aunty Coca died, how unlucky for poor little Antonio. Please give my condolences to him and his father.

With Patricia we are planning to visit Buenos Aires, perhaps by the middle of next year. This is only an embryonic intention at the moment, but maybe we’ll descend on the homeland next year.

We are spending Christmas with some Italian visitors. We are preparing a typical British Christmas meal, turkey and all.
¿How are you all? ¿Alicia and family? ¿Granny and uncles and unties and cousins?¿How are you?

Don’t be like me and leave it too long without writing. From now on I will try to write more frequently. In front of me there is a drawing I made from which a very nice and dishevelled lion stares at me.

They’ve offered me to direct a 30 mins. film for America TV, which is great and I will do it from here. I’ve been thinking of phoning you for some time and perhaps (perhaps!) one of these days I’ll do it.

OK, give my love to everyone and I beg you to write soon so I get news from you.
Ah, I am going to illustrate children books for Argentina from here.
More kisses,
Oscar.



Londres, 27-11-72

Como siempre, atrasao pa’ la escritura este hijo suyo, Doña Alejandrina.

¡Hola! La última carta tuya me llegó hace un montón de tiempo y recién hoy (creo que casi 20 días después de recibirla) la puedo contestar.

Bué, como siempre, todo perfecto (parece joda pero es verdad siempre todo va bien, de bien en mejor). Laburando mucho, teniendo excelentes ofertas de trabajo, viajando. Estuve en Alemania y hace pocas semanas en Irlanda...la semana que viene tendré que ir a París.

Sabemos por los diarios y radios y televisiones que Perón está por aquellos pagos. La Argentina está de moda en todos los titulares.

¡Ah! Un amigo mío se fue a trabajar a Portugal. Cuando esté instalado nos va a invitar a pasar unos días con él allí. El está en Porto, que es en el norte, como sabréis, así que no podré visitar a vuestros parientes que viven en el sur. Algarve, se supone que es uno de los lugares de moda para veranear. Hay un montón de avisos que invitan a pasar las vacaciones allí.

Patricia está estudiando francés y va a llegar de un momento a otro. Creo que ahí viene. Hoy se fue a comprar un tapado, así que viene con sorpresa.

Pucha. Así que murió tía Coca, qué mala suerte que tiene este chiquilín de Antoñito, por favor haceles llegar mis condolencias a él y a su padre.

Estamos haciendo planes con la Patricia de ir a hacer una visita a Buenos Aires para mediados del año que viene... Por ahora son sólo embriones de idea, pero por ahí el año que viene nos caemos como peludo de regalo por aquellos pagos.

Las fiestas las vamos a pasar con unos amigos que vienen de Italia a vernos. Pensamos hacer una comida típicamente inglesa, con pavo y todo.

¿Cómo andan todos? ¿Cómo están Alicia y familia? ¿Cómo está abuelita, tíos y primos? ¿Cómo están Uds.?

No dejes (como yo) pasar mucho tiempo sin contestar. Yo trataré desde ahora en delante de escribir con más frecuencia. Frente a mí hay un dibujo que hice donde un león simpático y desmelenado me mira fijo.

Me ofrecen dirigir una película de 30 minutos para la TV americana, lo cual me parece estupendo. Lo haré desde aquí.
Hace tiempo que ando con ganas de llamar por teléfono a Uds. así que por ahí (¡por ahí!) un día de éstos lo hago.

Bueno, mando mis cariños a todos y ruego que me escriban pronto así tengo noticias vuestras. Ah...voy a ilustrar libros de cuentos desde aquí para argentina.
Más besos,
Oscar.

Christmas 1972

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home